Thursday 18 September 2008

Holiday in Cornwall, the forgotten corner !

Apologies for the lack of posts in the last weeks, or for some maybe a blessing that I'd stopped posting!! Just spent the last week in Cornwall 'just' concentrating on the aptly named 'forgotten corner' of Cornwall, the Rame Peninsula.
I simply cannot praise this are highly enough, a great area scenically, to relax in, enjoy the local wildlife and plenty of prime migrant habitat to keep you permanently wondering what's lurking in the area. Hopefully I'll return to the area again and find a rarity as despite my early morning wanderings I didn't hit the jackpot. Historically birders will remember Rame for Wilson's Warbler, the only British record and more recently a Bluetail and Chimney Swift. At nearby Penlee, a Parula was present many years ago also. This area has great potential but I guess has few birders living close enough to be able to thoroughly cover all the areas in favourable weather conditions. Other than the Isles of Scilly, this has got to be the best part of the UK I've ever visited.
When time allows in the next week or so I'll expand on the trip with some piccies of birds and stunning scenery!

No comments: