Sunday 9 December 2007

Weekend Blues and yet more rain



A whole 2 days off from work, there's a Great Blue Heron on Scilly, it's virtually impossible to get over there, a weekend of strong wind and rain, what more could you want!!
I eventually got my act together on Saturday and visited a few sites along the Darent Valley in the vague hope of seeing something of note out of the car window.Near to Lullingstone Villa there was a lone Little Egret feeding along the river and a pair of Teal. Other than that, it was a bird free zone and next stop was Sevenoaks reserve as there's a hide there and I'd be sheltered from the rain. Once in the Tyler hide, there were many Greylags and Black-headed Gulls on view plus 30 or so Teal. Scanning through the Geese I noticed a juv White-fronted Goose and at times it was quite vocal, a good reserve record I expect.


No comments: